This is piece of advice #8 for WordPress Website Designers on working with clients.
8. Don’t take design changes personally. Some clients just need the visual before they can commit. When the question is “can I see that with a blue background,” don’t hear “I don’t like you or your work”.
It helps to have some good visuals of what a client likes before you begin a project and sometimes you need to draw the line with how many revisions you are willing to make, but it helps to keep your perspective that this is business, not personal.
If you are a website designer working with WordPress you may enjoy other articles in this series:
- Having a Signed Contract
- Negotiating Rates for Website Design
- Why it is Important for Website Designers to Maintain A Good Relationships with Clients
- Advice to WordPress Web Designers: Over Deliver & Under Promise
- Advice to WordPress Website Designers: Follow Up
- Advice to WordPress Website Designers: Keep Feeding Your Pipeline
- Be Honest